Saturday 15 May 2010

You Tube link to Great Yarmouth 1933 Tourism Video




If you click on this link ' Watch on You Tube' it will take you to you a 1933 tourism film for Great Yarmouth. Now, Great Yarmouth isn't far from where we live but I must admit I haven't been there for over 20 years. However watching this really makes me want to go! It looks really great! I've got a feeling we'll be going there on a day trip this summer. I'll let you know how it compares!

I love the slightly OTT speech and language used - 'The wisest thing we've ever done was come to Yarmouth!' Also look out for the woollen swimsuits!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!!! I loved this, his voice is superb. A lot of the featured destinations are still there too including the wooden roller coaster, just have to move the chavs out the way to see them ha ha.

    ReplyDelete