Saturday 21 January 2017

Hello there! Doesn't time fly?!
Well, it's the middle of winter here and guessing the last thing on most people's minds is buying swimwear!! But believe it or not I did venture into the sea this winter. The whole family signed up for a Christmas Day Dip in the sea in aid of St Elizabeths Hospice. Believe it or not it was actually quite a beautiful day and one of the warmest Christmas Days we had in years! And honestly, it was a great way to start Christmas Day - the atmosphere was friendly and fun - if not a little bonkers too!! It was a mix of people, old and young, some there for fun and some who had raised hundreds of pounds in memory of a loved one. We started off with a Zumba warm up class and then at 10am on the dot, the siren sounded and in we all ran. I think I was among the first to get out before my body lost all circulation!! But others stayed in much longer frolicking about! Probably the ones wearing winter wetsuits!! I did meet a man that day who swam in the sea every week - winter or summer! I thoroughly recommend it and I am wondering if it might become a yearly tradition now!
Other than that - I've been busy sourcing vintage and new items ready for the summer months. Planning on doing a few fairs for 2017 at Snape Maltings, Beccles and Southwold this year. I will be selling vintage swimwear, deckchairs, picnic sets and some new items too this year including beach crates and hampers selling Suffolk gourmet goodies. Very excited and looking forward to it!! Roll on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment