Saturday 27 June 2009

Another week has flown by. Some lovely new things have arrived too! The first picture is of a Cole of California swimsuit that I have been waiting for. It arrived from U.S.A this week and was well worth the wait. I am planning to write a blog on here soon about Cole of California. I have several swimsuits by them and they are amazing. They were a real pioneer in the development of swimwear. This one is made of cotton and could also be worn as a romper. It has ruching at the back and a metal zip. It dates from the 1960s. I have been using information from the Vintage Fashion Guild and Glamour Surf's website to help identify the year from the labels.


The next picture is of my favourite deckchairs with a vibrant orange stripe canvas. They are really striking. The wood is not in the best condition as they have previously been attacked by woodworm ( apparently very common in this type of soft wood). So they will be for me to keep which I am more than happy about!

The final picture is of an Alfred Meakin plate 'Carousel'. I just love the style of it. The tiny waists and great dresses the women are wearing look wonderful. This came from a chap who I met locally who had been collecting vintage items for 25 years but due to storage problems and a house move he is selling everything. I could have spent days there looking at his collection. Much of it was old bakelite televisions and radios but in between it was crammed with books, plates, enamel signs etc. It must have been hard for him to let some of it go.

Otherwise a busy week with a school trip to Easton Farm Park, my work leaving do, a wine tasting event and then today a joint party for my young daughters with 32 primary school children. Mayhem is how I would have described it but they seemed to enjoy themselves!
I have decided to do another stall at the Woodbridge vintage market again as I really want to support this great initiative for the town. However it will be slightly out of season being in September so I will have to think carefully about what things to bring along. I have also been in contact with a shop in Ipswich about stocking some swimsuits there so fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment