Saturday 5 September 2009

Ephemera



I have quite a collection of swimsuit related ephemera now! I was lucky enough to get a big bundle which had previously been displayed in a museum. They must have been saved by a person who was a huge fan of 1950s swimwear too. Some are original photos and some have been carefully cut from catalogues and pasted on to cardboard. I love the images but I'm not quite sure what to do with them. I did have an idea of cutting them and framing them in vintage frames to sell but I just couldn't do it! Because they had been so carefully saved over the years it felt disrespectful to take them apart. In fact it felt like pure vandalism! So for now I will keep them as they are and share them on here instead!


Look at this couple with the lady holding a cigarette!



And how about this for beach glamour?



Do you like these dapper gentlemen complete with matching footwear?




And finally a snazzy Martin White number.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for leaving that nice comment on my blog.
    From Emma Sweet Things

    ReplyDelete