Saturday 5 September 2009

More ephemera

The picture below comes from a 1933 catalogue illustration. At the bottom it says 'If consumers choose shades other than those specified above, the goods can be made but the Dye cannot be guaranteed.' !!!



These next two are from the 1957 and 1959 Jantzen catalogue. I adore the womens swimsuits but I'm not so sure about the mens - especially the tucked in shirt!
















The final two have been great educational material for me. The first photo on the left is advertising 'Lastex' swimsuits. In the 1950s this was a new type of stretchy fabric which beacame popular for making swimwear. The second one on the right describes different names for the swimsuits which include ' Silver Goblet', 'Cheetah', 'Sea Mist' and 'Silver Foil'. If I was ever lucky enough to come accross any of these swimsuits I would know their name!
















No comments:

Post a Comment