Sunday 8 August 2010

Burnham Market and Surrounds

Have just come back from Zoe's Little Vintage Lover Fair. It was in North Norfolk and quite a way from here so I drove up yesterday. It took a few hours to get there and at one point I ended up in the Norwich ice rink car park!! Needless to say I took a different route back avoiding Norwich city centre which was quicker and easier!

I stayed in Burnham Market. It was somewhere I'd always wanted to visit as I'd heard great things about the area especially Wells and Holkham beach. When I arrived it looked like a film set for Midsomer murders TV show! I even pulled up right outside the church fete! Now, when we lived in Australia, we would watch 'Midsomer Murders' and it would always make me feel homesick for the UK as it showed some idyllic village. Yet for some reason, although it was all very nice, I didn't feel a big rush of 'Wowness'!


The fair itself was great. Zoe chose a stunning venue - http://www.sussexbarn.co.uk/ and despite being quite remote there was a steady stream of people. I was next to a lady called Sarah who makes beautiful hand made fairies and sells vintage kitchenalia and ceramics. We had a good day together. Also Tracey and Craig from http://www.fadedsplendour.com/ Lisa from mrsbobobun.blogspot.com/ and Claire from Butterflies and Hurricaines.


I sold quite a few swimsuits ( all the best ones of course) and a lady travelled all the way from Northamptonshire especially to buy a dress! Met some nice customers, including a few fellow Mad Men enthusiasts which is always good!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day was had by all!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day. I just love that part of Norfolk, especially the beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprised you did not stop for a spot of Ice Skating before the Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good day :)

    BTW I thought of you when we were on our hols - everytime I saw a vintage picnic set!! Have gots loads of pics - I shall be blogging about it all eventually.

    ReplyDelete