Saturday 7 May 2011

It's been a long time!

Hi there! Wow - can't believe it's been so long since I posted on here. I look forward to catching up with everyones blogs to see what you've all been up to! Here things were abit up and down - a bumpy ride - but summer is on the way which has got to be a good thing.


Talking of bumpy rides - last weekend I went on my first ever classic car run. I drove my dads Triumph Herald (which I am kindly looking after for him!!) and he drove his Triumph Stag. The photos above were taken on the day (by Shema Leith and Bev Watling-Smith). Two friends came along and we truly had a blast. There were approx 600 cars and it was the 41st Ipswich to Felixstowe classic car run. The cars dated from the 1910s to the 1980s. At the end of the run all of the cars lined up on the promenade. It was a beautiful day but very windy! It was really really good fun! We kind of dressed up a little but next year we are going to definately dress 1960s style! The Triumph Herald dates from 1966. My friend, Kimberly made a video of the day - here is a link to it!





It makes me laugh but it also makes me cringe abit! At the beginning I think I sound like Beverley from Abigails party!


Next weekend is the Ipswich Waterfront Market on Sunday 15th May. It will be my first fair of the season so I have lots of stock! I will be next to my good friend, Emmie and we are really looking forward to it. If you're in the area, come and say hello!


The other exciting news is that I am going to Glastonbury with Oxfam this year! I only found out this week and am really looking forward to it. I will be helping to set up their shops there and working in them. They save alot of vintage stock, wellies, blankets and sleeping bags over the year and then take them to sell at the festivals and last year they made £43,000 just at Glastonbury alone. Fantastic! I am off to London tommorow to meet everyone.













5 comments:

  1. Well hello stranger :) Was wondering about you the other week when I went to Woodbridge but you weren't there.

    We nearly came to Felixstowe to see the car run - shall definately do it next year.

    Are you doing Vintage Soul at all this year? Am there on the Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice to hear from you. We were at a wedding on the day of the WB market - heard it was very good. Am thinking about vintage soul at the moment. If I don't do a stall I will definately come and visit. Look forward to catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I though maybe you were lost at sea :)
    The Snape Maltings market was excellent - was a vintage picnic set and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to sunday! and our little catch up / neighbouring stalls:) great blog!!. Hope London is fun xx emmie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.
    Original Beach Wear

    ReplyDelete